Sunday 28 April 2013

Wombstone Tour and Review





Title: Wombstone: A Vampireland Novel
Author: Jessica Roscoe
Genre: YA Paranormal (Warning - Mature Readers only 15+. Book includes violence, swearing and sex scenes)
Publisher: Indiana Ink Publishing
Release Date: March 1st, 2013
Edition/Formats available: Ebook


Mia Blake wasn’t the first girl to be taken by the vampires. She is kidnapped and held prisoner by Caleb, the world’s oldest and most powerful vampire. Turned against her will, Mia must find a way to free herself from Caleb’s grip and get back to those she loves. But defeating the world’s most powerful vampire isn't going to be easy…




I will begin this review with one word. WOW!  Jessica Roscoe has created a vampire novel unlike all others.  Caleb is the first ever vampire and he has kidnapped Mia.  The first thing you will notice is that although Caleb is mentioned a LOT he is hardly seen in the story.  Who you do see is the vampire who has turned Mia.  

The book starts out with Mia in a parking lot with her best friend.  Mia is walking alone to her car and then BAM every woman's worst nightmare has come to life.  Mia is kidnapped by some men, abused physically when she tries to fight back and knocked unconscious.  When she comes to she is tied up in a room with another half starved woman.  What she thinks is a band of thugs took her, but she is soon to see that there are worst things in life than a group of bullies.

The characters in this book are all well written and strongly described.  I loved Mia and Ryan. I know Ryan was the evil sadistic vampire who kidnapped Mia but he definitely grew during the story and I felt for him.  I loved the open ended-ness of the book. There are so many ways this story can continue on that I can't wait to see the next book.  

I never saw the ending coming and I loved that! You'll just have to see for yourself. I give this book 4.5 stars.  And I'm sure it will get even better in the next book.

Keep them coming Mrs. Roscoe because I can't wait to see what happens next in Mia's and Ryan's life.

Details/Disclaimer: Review copy was provided to me in exchange for a fair and honest review. The free book held no determination on my personal review


“Mia!” Ryan snapped, grabbing my shoulder and shaking me out of my thoughts.
“What?” I yelled. Tears filled my eyes but I refused to let them spill over.
He let go of my shoulder and spoke in a softer voice. “I know this is hard for you. There are things happening right now that you can’t even begin to understand. Just remember this: You’re not dead. It was close – you were almost dead. You can see them again,” he gestured to the photo strip in my hand, “but first I need to make sure you’re safe. The people who were after you in Mexico still want you back.”
I glared at him. “Is this supposed to make me happy?” I asked coldly. “Because it doesn’t. At all.”
He looked genuinely confused. “I saved your life after you jumped out of a window. You nearly bled to death. You should be happy.”
“I never asked you to save me,” I snapped, feeling sick for the thousandth time. “I asked you to leave me there to die, remember?”
He shook his head, got up and left the room. I slammed the door behind him with a satisfying crash.
I took a deep breath and looked around my new cage. It sure was pretty, but it was still essentially a cage. The only things missing were a length of chain hanging from the ceiling and a dead girl in the corner.
You know, I like you. I might just keep you after Caleb’s finished.
I pressed my palms to my burning cheeks and wondered what the hell could possibly happen next.
Amazon:

Jessica Roscoe is the author of Wombstone, a Young Adult paranormal novel. From a young age, she delighted in the written word and would often scare her poor parents with outlandish stories filled with the supernatural and macabre. Jessica studied film and screenwriting at university before deciding that novels were her calling. The setting for Wombstone was inspired by a six-month stint in the U.S. where she worked as a lifeguard at a summer camp in Mt Freedom, New Jersey. She is currently working on the next book in the Vampireland series. Her other loves in life include good quality tea, delicious wine, reading and hanging out with her husband and baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment