Saturday 27 April 2013

Intangible Tour and Review









Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret--she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they've helped those in need on the sly. They've always thought of their abilities as being a gift.

Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they've always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke's ability? He's always right. 

And he can't do anything about it.




I had this book in my TBR pile for a while now, and I'm so very glad that I joined this tour to have a very good reason to finally move it to the top. How happy I am to be able to say that this book is not only a great story, but a definite 5 star read!

Intangible sucked me in, from the very first chapter I felt an attachment with Sera and Luke. And I turned the pages faster and faster praying that everything would work out well!  J. Meyers does a wonderful job with this book by using different viewpoints, sometimes this can be quite distracting but in this book not once was I distracted by that technique.

J. Meyers has created a world that is so like our own but with so many more layers to it.  It makes me wonder if perhaps those layers are all here as well but we are too blind to see them.  The main characters in this book have powers. And to tell you the truth, I would love to be able to heal, I've had some real tragedies in my life and those could have been avoided if I could just heal.

I won't go into any details what-so-ever about this books plot because this is one of those books that I have now officially listed as a MUST READ!!! But not only this book, because I immediately grabbed up the next book in the series and I must say that even that one sucked me in. You have got to give this series a try because it is fabulous!  

As I said before it is a VERY fast paced read. One which when you start you will not want to put it down until you turn that last page.  The book itself is one that any age can read. There is some violence in it, but it is tastefully done.  My ten year old saw the cover and wants to read it, and after reading it I told him he can have it to give it a read.  If that helps you with ages of who can read this book, I am allowing a 10 year old to read it. He is a little advanced in his reading but I'd say easily most people between the ages of 13 and older will definitely enjoy this series!
 
Details/Disclaimer: Review copy was provided to me in exchange for a fair and honest review. The free book held no determination on my personal review
Book Soundtrack
Sarah McLachlan “Angel”
Zac Brown Band “Keep Me in Mind”
Rob Thomas “Ever the Same”
Jewel “Hands”
Vanessa Carlton “A Thousand Miles”
The Calling “Could It Be Any Harder”
Train “Calling All Angels”
Westlife “If I Let You Go”

I would have to agree with this song on this soundtrack!  
But all of them fit so beautifully. I hope you enjoy this video!







j. meyers grew up in Vermont, spent three years in Germany when she was a kid, and now lives in Central New York. When she's not reading or writing, she's chasing after her four kids, exploring the outdoors with her family, baking sweet treats, and forgetting to make dinner. She's the author of Intangible, Intuition, Indomitable, and upcoming Imaginable, due out in April 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment